What is the 5G Network?
5G is the fifth generation mobile network that is the new global wireless standard after 1G, 2G, 3G, and 4G networks. The 5G network is designed to connect everyone and everything, including devices, objects, and machines.
5G wireless technology is meant to deliver a uniform user experience to a larger user base, increased availability, tremendous network capacity, enhanced reliability, ultra-low latency, and higher multi-Gbps (gigabits per second) peak data speeds.
Why is the 5G Network Important?
5G wireless technology will offer unprecedented connection speed as well as numerous features that were not available in previous generations of wireless technology.
5G uses edge, cloud, and software-defined technology to broaden the wireless spectrum and increase bandwidth, which ensures you can connect more devices to a network simultaneously. Owing to its ultra-low latency, 5G technology continues to grow in popularity for both general and enterprise use.
The use cases of 5G technology cover a wide range, from live streaming to smart cities, smart factories, autonomous vehicles, and drones. Since 5G network access is not widespread at the moment, many enterprises are resorting to private 5G networks and benefiting from greater security and less latency compared to public 5G networks.
Top 5G Network Providers
Ericsson Private 5G
Ericsson Private 5G fosters innovation possibilities and real-time, data-driven enterprise automation. The 5G business internet network provides several features, including high network security, automation of operations, remote control of any process, real-time control of every business process, a flexible design, and high-performance demand handling.
- Ericsson Private 5G is a next-generation private network built to modernize and digitalize business process operations and infrastructures.
- The private network is designed to support a wide array of deployment needs, requirements, and sizes.
- Ericsson Private 5G is a scalable and future-proofed private network that is easy to install and comes with pre-integrated components.
- The end-to-end security of the private network ensures the privacy of data.
- The 5G network provides secure and robust communication with consistent latency.
- Ericsson Private 5G can manage the high-performance requirements of modern smart facilities powered by the Internet of Things (IoT) technology.
- By employing Ericsson Private 5G, enterprises can unlock use cases and applications such as augmented reality (AR), edge computing, automation, and advanced manufacturing.
Pricing: Reach out to the Ericsson sales team for pricing details.
AirScale Cloud RAN
AirScale Cloud RAN by Nokia enriches the potential of existing enterprise cloud infrastructure with 5G wireless connectivity in real time. The characteristics of the 5G provider include openness, flexibility, and agility.
- AirScale Cloud RAN helps enterprises commence their digital transformation with 5G wireless connectivity.
- With radio access network (RAN) virtualization, you can use shared edge infrastructure for edge cloud deployments.
- This architectural evolution to RANs introduces 5G radio capacity for a variety of innovative services and technologies that enable the establishment of new revenue and business models.
- AirScale Cloud RAN enables close collaboration with public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud.
- Shared cloud infrastructure enables the efficient and cost-effective usage of network resources.
- The 5G network provider enables the co-hosting of enterprise applications in the on-premises cloud at the edge of the network.
- AirScale Cloud RAN enables the automation and simplification of network operations.
Pricing: Contact the Nokia sales team for pricing information.
AT&T Business Mobility
AT&T Business Mobility provides secure, reliable, and quick 5G network coverage. With services built for productivity and flexibility, AT&T Business Mobility helps improve the efficiency of your employees and how they communicate with customers.
- You can obtain tailor-made solutions depending on your 5G business necessities.
- Select the right 5G wireless connectivity plan for each employee depending on the services they need.
- With the help of a broad portfolio of wearables, tablets, and smartphones, you can mobilize your business and help your employees collaborate and work efficiently.
- Business tools such as email marketing, online fax, web solutions, and data backup enhance the performance of your mobile workforce.
- AT&T ActiveArmor provides 24/7 proactive wireless network security.
- You can benefit from high-definition (HD) and 4K ultra high-definition (UHD) video streaming.
- AT&T Business Fast Track benefits you in times of congestion, as it assigns a higher priority to eligible business data.
Pricing: AT&T offers three 5G wireless plans: AT&T Business Unlimited Elite, AT&T Business Unlimited Performance, and AT&T Business Unlimited Starter. AT&T Business Unlimited Elite is ideal for enterprise use and costs $40 per month per line when you purchase six lines.
Samsung’s CBRS Solutions
Samsung’s Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) solutions provide ideal installation options to empower enterprises with a simpler introduction of private 5G networks and facilitate quick network deployment.
- Samsung is equipped with CBRS equipment that can encompass both indoor and outdoor environments, which enables enterprises to select the optimal solution for an environment and services that need a private 5G network.
- Samsung’s complete CBRS portfolio can facilitate a quick and seamless 5G deployment.
- The 5G provider offers concurrent support of Long-Term Evolution (LTE) and 5G.
- For enterprises that want to operate an LTE network, Samsung offers an easy software upgrade path for a smooth transition to 5G New Radio (NR).
- The CBRS Massive MIMO Radio is a vital solution that supports large data capacity, wide bandwidth, and high speed.
- Other solutions include the CBRS Radio and the CBRS Outdoor Small Cell.
- Samsung’s CBRS solutions make possible several use cases in the hospitality, residential, logistics, and utility sectors.
Pricing: To learn more, please reach out to Samsung’s sales team.
AWS Private 5G
AWS Private 5G is a 5G cellular provider that allows you to simply scale, manage, and deploy a private cellular network, with all the required software and hardware provided by AWS.
- AWS Private 5G enables you to build a private cellular network to take advantage of the benefits of 5G technology while maintaining the device controls, granular application, and security of a private network.
- Get your 5G network up and running in days with automated setup and no complex integrations or long planning cycles.
- You can connect to thousands of machines and devices with high bandwidth and low latency.
- Safeguard your private 5G network with granular access controls for each connected device, integrated with existing IT policies.
- Pay only for the throughput and capacity you use, add devices with a few clicks, and scale the capacity of your network on demand.
- The use cases of AWS Private 5G include delivering reliable enterprise connectivity, enabling business-critical applications, and running a smart manufacturing facility.
Pricing: Contact the Amazon sales team for further information.
Choosing a 5G Network Provider
5G technology is the new global standard of mobile networks and is expected to enhance the way people work and live. It is set to offer a much quicker connection speed than previous mobile networks.
That said, we advise you to visit the website of each 5G provider and review features, compare pricing plans, scrutinize peer-to-peer reviews, and purchase a 5G internet provider accordingly.
Read next: Top Infrastructure Monitoring Tools 2022