IT service management (ITSM) refers to how IT teams administer the end-to-end delivery of IT services to customers. Moreover, it encompasses all the activities and processes necessary to support, deliver, build, and design these services.
The core idea behind ITSM is the delivery of IT as a service. People often misunderstand ITSM as basic IT support. Rather, ITSM teams overlook all forms of workplace technology, ranging from laptops, to servers, to printers and business-critical software applications.
Modern infrastructures are growing more complex by the day, and vital IT systems and services must be completely operational around the clock. Therefore, IT teams are leveraging potent ITSM tools to assist in IT management.
These tools offer a plethora of unique functionalities to support IT teams. Some of the benefits ITSM tools provide include:
- Reducing business inefficiencies
- Ensuring business continuity
- Supporting business operations and efficiency
- Ensuring IT service delivery is continuous
Businesses of all sizes should consider purchasing an ITSM tool to accomplish work and resolve IT issues. Here is what you need to know about two of the top ITSM tools: ServiceNow and Jira.
Also read: Top ITSM Tools & Software
ServiceNow ITSM is an innovative, single-cloud ITSM tool that enables you to future-proof your IT infrastructure. With ServiceNow ITSM, you can deliver resilient IT services that increase employee productivity and create fascinating customer service experiences.
- Utilize built-in best practices to quickly secure dissimilar tools to a solitary system of engagement in the cloud.
- Make use of your shared analytics and data with commended IT service workflows.
- Use artificial intelligence (AI) to hasten the resolution of issues and enhance the efficiency of agents.
- Incidents are automatically assigned to the right resolution team.
- With always-on IT services, shape service experiences for on-premises and remote employees.
- Deliver high-quality IT services at scale and proactively, while continuously improving business processes.
- Obtain complete IT infrastructure visibility with analytics in real-time, built-in dashboards.
- Remove friction across departments with a modern mobile application that runs on a solitary platform.
Pricing: ServiceNow ITSM is available in three packages: ITSM, ITSM Professional, and ITSM Enterprise. Reach out to the ServiceNow sales team to obtain a custom quote.
Jira Service Management by Atlassian is an ITSM tool that empowers business and development and operations (DevOps) teams to collaborate rapidly and efficiently. With Jira Service Management, you can respond to changes and deliver excellent employee and customer service experiences quickly.
- Empower each team, from legal to human resources (HR), to set up a service desk speedily and consistently adapt at scale.
- Track work across the IT infrastructure through Jira’s open, collaborative platform.
- Absorb data from other software development tools, and link issues across Jira, so your IT operations and support teams have more contextual information to quickly respond to changes, incidents, and requests.
- Manage risk while delivering more customer impact.
- Deploy changes with ease, accelerate critical development work, and eliminate toil.
- Supercharge Jira Service Management with over 1,000 trusted integrations and applications available on the Atlassian Marketplace.
Pricing: Jira Service Management is available in four packages: Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. At no cost, users can have access to 3 agents and 2GB of storage. The Standard plan offers a limit of up to 5,000 agents and 250GB of file storage at $20 per agent per month, and the Premium plan offers a limit of up to 5,000 agents and unlimited file storage at $45 per agent per month. Those interested in the Enterprise plan will need to contact the sales team for pricing information.
ServiceNow Jira Integration
For wanting to take advantages of the benefits offered by both tools, the integration of Jira with ServiceNow is beneficial for enterprises, enabling them to:
- Make quicker and better decisions;
- Leverage the best of collaboration and functionality in the delivery ecosystem;
- Speed up customer response time;
- Ensure complete traceability of requirements; and
- Obtain full context of customer priorities and requirements.
Choosing ITSM Tools
ITSM tools are most heavily used by IT service delivery functions and IT service desks to support the workflows and tasks for processes such as configuration, knowledge, service-level, change, problem, request, and incident management.
Before purchasing an ITSM tool, we advise you to conduct research of your own. Go through the offerings of ITSM tools in detail and purchase one that best fits the profile of your business.
See more ITSM tool comparisons: