IT service management (ITSM) is simply how information technology (IT) teams manage all the processes and activities required to design, build, deliver, and support IT services—it encompasses the management of the end-to-end delivery of these services to customers.
ITSM is not basic IT support. Rather, ITSM teams oversee all forms of technology in a workplace, including printers, laptops, servers, and business-critical software applications.
Given the growing complexity of modern infrastructures and the need for core IT systems and services to be fully operational at all times, IT teams are employing powerful ITSM tools to help with IT management—these tools offer hundreds of unique functionality points to support IT teams.
The benefits of ITSM software include:
- Reducing business inefficiencies
- Ensuring business continuity
- Supporting business efficiency and operations
- Ensuring that IT service delivery is consistent
While small businesses may not need an ITSM tool to complete work and solve IT issues, mid-sized organizations and enterprises should purchase a rigorous ITSM tool for IT management at the earliest. In this guide, we will explore the key features of Ivanti and ServiceNow.
Also read: Top ITSM Tools & Software for 2021
Ivanti Neurons for ITSM
Ivanti Neurons for ITSM helps you modernize IT service delivery. The software is a flexible, cloud-optimized ITSM solution that helps you automate workflows, thereby eliminating costly manual procedures, all while making the business more efficient, secure, and compliant. Overall, Ivanti Neurons for ITSM delivers the functionality and flexibility you need for business growth.
- The solution offers a simple incident management system to deal with inbound ticket requests.
- Knowledge management capabilities enable you to collect, analyze, share, and store information and knowledge for both users and the IT service desk.
- A web-based self-service tool enables customers to submit and track requests.
- Role-based dashboards with a drag-and-drop interface provide real-time insights, tools and flexibility to swiftly and simply configure reports.
- Ivanti Automation streamlines the management of complex environments by providing infrastructure, workspace, and cloud process automation.
- Change and configuration management capabilities help handle IT changes efficiently and quickly to ensure high service quality and availability for IT operations.
- Other features for IT management include problem, service level, event, availability, release, and financial management.
- You can further increase the effectiveness of ITSM with add-ons like Ivanti Neurons for ITAM, Ivanti Neurons for Discovery, Ivanti Neurons for Healing, Ivanti Neurons Workspace and Voice Automation.
Pricing: Fill a simple form to request a quote or call Ivanti. You can request a free demo as well to better understand the solution.
ServiceNow ITSM is an innovative, single cloud-based ITSM solution that delivers resilient services to increase business productivity and enhance user and employee experience. The software provides scalable workflows to manage and provide IT services to customers.
As the solution is powered by platform-native artificial intelligence (AI), you can drive automation and self-service through chatbot technology, view recommendations for incoming requests or tickets, and swiftly accelerate technology changes.
- You can quickly consolidate disparate tools to a solitary system of interaction in the cloud by using built-in best practices. You can harness shared analytics and data with trusted IT service workflows.
- AI-assisted recommendations help accelerate issue resolution and boost the efficiency of agents. Incidents can be automatically assigned to the right resolution team.
- With always-on services, it is possible to craft service experiences for employees around the globe.
- You can automate support for simple, common requests with virtual agents. These agents understand simple human language.
- Built-in dashboards and real-time analytics help you continually optimize and deliver high-quality services at scale.
- You can leverage the power of the solution’s modern mobile application.
- Built-in machine learning (ML) provides predictive intelligence to streamline and accelerate everyday work.
- IT management capabilities include incident, problem, change, knowledge, service level, configuration, asset and cost, continual improvement, and request management.
Pricing: ServiceNow offers three packages: ITSM, ITSM Professional, and ITSM Enterprise. Talk to a ServiceNow representative to get a custom quote..
Choosing ITSM Tools
Ivanti Neurons for ITSM can seamlessly adapt and scale to your business needs. The solution modernizes service delivery for IT and offers strategic value for money. Easy-to-use dashboards and reports streamline the IT management process.
Powered by platform-native AI, ServiceNow ITSM is a single cloud-based solution that can help you resolve issues quickly, increase agent productivity and improve user satisfaction. Analyze the ITSM tools on the basis of the features they offer, how much they cost, and how they will fit into your IT service needs.
Read next: ITSM Tools: BMC Helix vs. ServiceNow