Password Policy Template
Passwords are the primary form of user authentication used to grant access to information systems. To ensure that passwords provide as much security as possible, they must be carefully created and used. Without strict usage guidelines, the potential exists that passwords will be created that are easy to break, allowing easier illicit access to information systems, thereby compromising the security of those systems.
This Password Policy Template includes the following sections:
- Default policy statements that define what the enterprise must do
- Default procedures that define how the enterprise must do it
- Baseline recommendations to customize the template to individual enterprise requirements
Use this template to help build an efficient and effective enterprise security policy.
The attached Zip file includes:
- Intro Page.doc
- Cover Sheet and Terms.pdf
- Password Policy Template.doc