On top of Robert Half International’s projection that tech salaries will rise on average 5.3 percent next year, a report by salary site PayScale finds pay growth in tech among the highest of any sector. It looked at salaries by city, industry, company size and job category.
IT jobs logged a 4.5 percent increase since the third quarter of 2011. The category “information, media and telecommunications,” which includes software development, and “professional, scientific and tech services” together showed a 4.1 percent increase, GeekWire reports.
- Houston was the city with the most wage growth across all sectors.
- Seattle, San Francisco and Boston, all tech powerhouses, showed wage growth of more than 3 percent.
- Wages for jobs overall grew more at small companies (1.5 percent) than at large employers (1.1 percent).
And among the tidbits from the Robert Half report:
- CIO salaries are expected to increase by 4.1 percent from a range of $139,750– $225,500 to $145,500 – $234,750 in 2013.
- The biggest increase is expected for mobile developers, whose starting pay is projected to rise by 9 percent from a range of $85,000 – $122,500 to $92,750 – $133,500 in 2013.