Job Description: Lead Technology Engineer
The lead technology engineer works with our clients to align technology solutions with their business objectives and budgetary needs, and then implement those solutions. Responsibilities include providing and developing expertise in a variety of client industry concepts, practices, and procedures; demonstrating and reinforcing the value of our customers to ensure client retention; identifying and establishing strategic long-term technology goals, policies and procedures for clients based on business objectives and budget requirements; and designing and overseeing implementation of technology solutions.
- Communicate regularly with the team and clients to ensure client satisfaction, review client initiatives and team goals, and identify new business opportunities.
- Manage agreement renewals and the overall recurring revenue health of the team
- Develop a solid understanding of all our services and align to client technology needs
- Act as a subject matter and industry expert and assist customers with the technology selections
- Consult regularly with clients regarding IT needs and budgets as well as develop strategic plans and roadmaps based on budget and business drivers
- Manage vendor relationships on behalf of the client to ensure technology goals are met.
- Recommend the appropriate products and services that meet client needs and provide value.
- Bachelor’s degree in management, finance or computer sciences or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of IT management experience, preferably within the small and medium business market.
- 8+ year in IT services (Internet, cloud computing, hosting, managed services)
- MCSA and/or MCITP preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
The attached document is a typical job description for a Lead Technology Engineer and was provided by Glassdoor.com.
The attached zip file includes:
- Intro Page.pdf