“The Founders Club 50 is a great opportunity for these start-ups, all of whom are on the verge of reaching the next level of innovation.”
Dell has identified the group as the 50 start-ups and founders to watch in spring 2014 and is putting its power behind them to help them reach their objectives. Dell will provide the companies – all on the verge of becoming leaders in their industries – access to an exclusive marketing effort and associated resources designed to grow their businesses.
A new Founders Club 50 class will be announced bi-annually, and Dell is currently accepting applications for the Fall 2014 class. Each participating company will take part in the Founders Club 50 for a two-year term, with programming designed to accelerate their growth, focusing on technology, sales enablement, networking and capital. Member companies also will receive marketing support via inclusion in Dell’s social media, marketing materials and public relations efforts.
“The Founders Club 50 is a great opportunity for these start-ups, all of whom are on the verge of reaching the next level of innovation,” said Ingrid Vanderveldt, Dell Entrepreneur in Residence. “The program creates a win-win; by serving as a trusted advisor to these companies at this crucial early stage, we hope they will continue to grow with Dell in the future. Dell has always seen the value in fostering innovation and entrepreneurship, and the Founders Club 50 is the natural next step in continuing to help high-growth start-ups expand their networks, find valuable resources and use technology to transform their businesses.”
As some of the Founders Club 50 companies are currently operating in stealth mode, a few of the member companies have not been listed.
Click through for the Dell Center for Entrepreneurs’ first-ever Founders Club 50, an exclusive group of emerging companies that have technology as a critical backbone and are poised for rapid growth.
- Appistry (MO) – Appistry orchestrates solutions to Big Data problems, and since 2001, the company’s fabric technology has empowered organizations and researchers to transform vast data into actionable intelligence.
- Exasol (CA) – For more than a decade, the company has focused exclusively on delivering ultra-fast, massively scalable analytic performance. The company’s flagship product, EXASolution, is a high-performance in-memory database designed specifically for analytics.
- Formation Data Systems (CA) – Formation Data Systems believes information technology infrastructure is about to go through a fundamental shift from client-server computing to hyper-scale computing driven primarily by modern application models that seek to compose capabilities as API-based services. This change will be as significant as the shift from mainframe to client-server computing decades ago.
- FotoPunch (UT) – FotoPunch is a revolutionary new cloud-based time and attendance system for mobile use. The concept of FotoPunch arose as they realized the burning need for a time management system that could be used anywhere without access to the internet. The obvious solution was the cell network, so they set out to develop a solution.
- MEMSQL (CA) – MemSQL was created with a single mission: bringing a simple, fast, and scalable database solution to today’s Big Data problems. One of the biggest challenges of Big Data – the massive amounts of information generated by modern enterprises – is how to react to the terabytes and even petabytes of data created. By making analytics faster and easier to use, MemSQL reduces complex infrastructure into a unified platform that empowers businesses to be responsive in real time.
- Networks, Inc. (IA) – NetWorks, Inc. is a valued-added reseller and systems integrator that designs, deploys, and supports small, medium and large corporate networks. They started as a system integrator company in 1994, but have grown to offer advanced service and procurement solutions.
Consumer Goods & Electronics
- Automattic Inc. (CA) – Web-services company Automattic Inc. hosts the servers for the blogging platform WordPress.com.
- MyGait (TX) – MyGait provides a failure-free, worry-free computer designed just for seniors. Just plug it in and you’re ready to go.
- Raise Marketplace (IL) – Raise was launched as a marketplace devoted exclusively to buying and selling gift cards. The platform empowers consumers to increase their purchase power so they can give themselves a raise, and the name is a positive, uplifting way to refer to savings.
- Rich Relevance (CA) – RichRelevance is a global leader in omnichannel personalization. Ranked #1 for personalization in both the U.S. and EMEA, RichRelevance is used by more than 175 multinational companies to create a data-centric, single view of the shopper, delivering the most relevant experiences across Web, mobile and in store.
- SkyCast (WA) – Skycast Solutions is dedicated to providing airlines with low-cost/high impact innovations.
- Open Labs (TX) – Open Labs creates software and hardware products designed to inspire, educate and elevate aspiring and professional musicians across the world.
- Philo (MA) – Philo’s groundbreaking platform turns television into a medium as interactive, customizable, and accessible as music. So much of our lives happen on our computers – why should live TV get left behind?
- StreamNation (CA) – StreamNation is cloud media center for all your photos, home videos, movies and TV shows.
- Anaplan (MA) – Anaplan’s mission is to change the way companies around the world align people and plans to market opportunities. To that end, they’ve completely re-architected enterprise business planning technology.
- Chassis Plans (CA) – Chassis Plans works closely with customers to provide solutions tailored exactly to their industrial computing requirements. These solutions can range from simple COTS rackmount enclosures to turnkey integrated systems to a custom system designed exclusively for a particular customer.
- Eucalyptus Systems (CA) – Eucalyptus systems is focused on one thing: making you successful with private cloud so that you can empower innovation throughout your organization.
- Extrahop Networks (WA) – ExtraHop is a global leader in real-time wire data analytics. The ExtraHop Operational Intelligence platform analyzes all L2-L7 communications, including full bidirectional transactional payloads. This innovative approach provides the correlated, cross-tier visibility essential for application performance, availability, and security in today’s complex and dynamic IT environments.
- Ihiji (TX) – ihiji, a company focused on disruptive technologies, has created invision, a cloud-based network-management-as-a-service (NMaaS) platform for remote monitoring and maintenance of IP-enabled devices.
- Integrate (AZ) – Integrate was built to address the challenges marketers face today on their quest to more efficiently and effectively acquire new prospects and customers.
- Nasuni (MA) – Nasuni offers cloud-integrated storage, replacing traditional hardware-centric storage by combining cloud storage with on-premises storage controllers to deliver storage as a service designed to eliminate backups, improve performance and increase collaboration.
- Pacific Integrated (CA) – Pacific Integrated Handling was established in the Northwest in 1981 to provide automated material handling systems for warehouse and manufacturing environments. Their business has evolved to include custom structures, production lines, lean assembly cells and ergonomic workstations for high-tech manufacturers.
- Panzura (CA) – The Panzura Global Cloud Storage System leverages high-performance, secure Internet technology to create an interconnected, unified global file system. With Panzura, persistent data can be centrally located where it is easy for IT to manage, yet remain fluid and easy to access, regardless of physical location.
- PureStorage (CA) – PureStorage believes every company should enjoy the performance, space and efficiency advantages of flash as well as the lower maintenance, power, cooling, rack space and management costs.
- Scale computing (IN) – Scale Computing develops scale-out clustered IT infrastructure products for small to medium-sized organizations based on its patented ICOS [Intelligent Clustered Operating System] technology.
- Vadiza (IL) – Vadiza is a software and solutions company focused on building an enterprise-class version of SAGE – (Scalable Adaptive Graphics Environment) for visualizing Big Data and for fostering collaboration among local, distributed and hybrid teams.
- Zoom (CA) – Zoom, a cloud meeting company, unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and mobile collaboration into one easy-to-use platform.
- HealthSpot (OH) – HealthSpot represents the integration of telehealth and primary care. Their system of remote health care delivery combines convenient retail locations and secure, real-time access to board-certified physicians and nationally recognized providers.
- World Inter-Med (CA) – World Inter-Med is a cloud-based SaaS electronic medical records (EMR) company.
- Comedtech (DE)
- Multidine (CA) – By introducing technologies that make your service more personal and accessible, MultiDine lets you use table-top touch surfaces to interact, then learns your taste and helps you discover your favorite dishes and restaurants.
- Neverware (NY) – Neverware installs powerful software on schools’ existing computers, taking over the ‘heavy lifting’ and allowing the computers to run like new. Neverware can supercharge any PC – even if it’s ten years old.
- Resonate Networks (VA) – Resonate drives success for leading brand, political, and issue advertisers by bringing the motivations of individual people into the marketing mix.
- Rocketfuel (TN) – RocketFuel is a Memphis Web design agency that provides Web design and Internet marketing services to clients nationwide.
- Apsalar (CA) – Apsalar is the data-driven mobile ad platform powered by first-party behavioral data providing marketing analytics and advertising solutions for mobile marketers.
- Belly (IL) – Belly offers a program that fits each business’s personality, culture, brand, and objectives in order to foster more personal relationships with their customers while simultaneously delivering meaningful customer analytics.
- Qless (CA) – Qless allows your customers to join virtual lines and make appointments from waiting areas, their mobile phone, tablets, or your website.
- LightBridge (MO) – LightBridge is a high growth IT startup that is focused on delivering distributed data storage to enterprise-level clients. LightBridge developed a technology to distribute data storage across multiple sites providing better and more cost-effective data storage to enterprise-level storage clients.
- ForeScout (CA) – ForeScout delivers pervasive network security by allowing organizations to continuously monitor and mitigate security exposures and cyber attacks.
- Primary Data (UT) – Primary Data is developing next generation data virtualization and mobility technologies to manage how information is stored and shared globally.
- NSS Labs (CA) – NSS Labs, Inc. a leading information security research and advisory company, with unparalleled expertise in the complex aspects of information security across a wide range of technologies.
- Defense.net (CA) – Defense.net has combined the top minds in the DDoS mitigation space with breakthrough new technologies designed to effectively address today’s and tomorrow’s DDoS mitigation challenges.
- Jive (CA) – Jive products apply powerful technology that helps people connect, communicate and collaborate to solve their biggest business challenges.
- ScienceLogic (VA) – ScienceLogic delivers the next generation IT monitoring platform for the network of everything.
- Simple Relevance (IL) – SimpleRelevance builds a complete profile of each customer and predicts what your customers are likely to buy.
- Task Retail (CA)