Vanderbilt University Social Media Strategy Worksheet
Vanderbilt University uses social media tools like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and
Flickr to share information about campus activities with the world. More importantly,
these tools offer a kind of “conversation” between the institution and students,
faculty, staff, fans and friends that is more immediate and direct than traditional
forms of communication.
The University’s “Social Media Strategy Worksheet” lists eight key items to consider
when developing a social media presence using any platform. Among these considerations
- Team: Identify who will be in charge of creating, maintaining
and monitoring the organization’s presence on a given site.
- Primary Goals: Determine the purpose and goals for establishing
a social media presence.
- Measuring success: Determine how success (or lack of success)
will be measured.
The attached Zip file includes:
- Intro Page.doc
- Cover Sheet and Terms.pdf
- Vanderbilt University Social Media Strategy Worksheet.pdf