Disaster recovery is a critical feature that every business, large or small, should employ. Without it, millions of dollars could be lost or entire businesses wiped out of existence. From hardware failures to large-scale natural disasters, businesses must be prepared to bounce back within the shortest timeframe possible or face dire consequences. Disaster Recovery as a Service is one option organizations should consider, especially if full-time, on-site DR staff is not an option.
The DRaaS industry has seen rapid evolution and growth since 2012. According to Gartner, the estimated “size of the DRaaS market will be approximately $1.3 billion, with a related compound annual growth rate of approximately 30 percent.” By 2018, Gartner estimates that the size of the DRaaS market will exceed that of the market for more traditional subscription-based DR services. This slideshow features seven top disaster recovery providers.
Top DRaaS Providers
Click through for seven top online disaster recovery providers.
Bluelock provides Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service for complex environments and sensitive data to help companies mitigate risk with confidence. Bluelock supports unique requirements such as multi-tiered recovery, mixed configuration environments with physical and virtual machines and complex security requirements. Bluelock is well known for its Recovery Assurance™ program, which incorporates deliberate processes and services designed to ensure that clients are completely confident that their disaster recovery plan will work when needed.
- Bluelock has strong professional services and robust on-boarding, training and runbook development processes, which are demonstrated through its Recovery Assurance Program.
- Bluelock offers DRaaS solutions designed specifically for sensitive data and compliance (HIPAA/HITECH).
- Its client portal, Bluelock Portfolio, allows clients to track and manage service costs, resources and RPO realization.
- Bluelock has experience with hybrid recovery configuration (virtual and physical machines) support and experience managing large enterprise recovery configurations.
Bluelock dominates in client satisfaction within the DRaaS industry with a Net Promoter Score of 81 (a score of 50 is considered world-class) and is also recognized by Gartner as a “Visionary” in the Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service.
IBM Cloud Services
IBM Cloud Services for Virtualized Server Recovery (CVSR) maintains continuous business operations and improved resilience against data disruption. The fully managed cloud disaster recovery service aids virtual and physical locations on a virtualized cloud infrastructure at a designated secure data recovery center.
- IBM has varying levels of test frequency, declaration costs, recovery targets and service pricing, making it easier for clients to create the ideal service for their needs.
- Client-initiated premises-to-cloud failovers give clients more control over activities.
- Recovery management simplicity is ideal for enterprise customers.
- A comprehensive provider portal interface leads to accessible administration.
IBM offers an array of data protection options and a multi-tiered portal for shortened recovery times. The ready-to-go structure helps customers decrease time and investment in building, operating and managing the resiliency solution. IBM’s data recovery service ensures non-stop replication of data to avoid hazardous gaps. Clients can also employ continuous data observation for a monthly subscription price.
Seagate Cloud Resiliency Services
Seagate Cloud Resiliency Services offers both self-managed and provider-managed data protection and recovery services. Their DRaaS model provides real-time replication of your system data, as well as access during planned downtime. They guarantee availability of your critical data within one hour of an outage, ensuring you’ll be able to access your systems even in the event of a disaster.
- Seagate offers tiered storage to guarantee your most critical data can be retrieved as soon as possible during an outage.
- Additional storage can reach up to 15 percent more at no extra charge.
- Daily data integrity checking ensures system stability.
- Seagate offers extensive language support.
Seagate utilizes a one-hour SLA option that is compatible with any backup solution, mitigating the need for a secondary site. The services also support a number of Windows and virtual platforms, to protect your data and applications, including NetApp; Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012; Microsoft Exchange; SQL Server, File Server and SharePoint; Blackberry Server; IBM i and IBM AIX; Red Hat and SUSE Linux; and VMware.
Sungard Availability Services
Sungard has a multi-solution DRaaS service that includes Recover2Cloud, Managed Recovery Program and Enterprise Storage Replication. Their model is a managed service that includes customer-managed features for a more customizable experience. They offer both cloud and hosting services to tailor their disaster recovery service to your needs.
- Sungard offers integrated applications and data recovery management.
- Crash-consistent and application-consistent recovery for both virtual and physical environments ensures your data will be secure no matter what.
- An abundance of data backup and application recovery professional services are offered.
- Sungard sustains SSAE 16 service organization control (SOC) 2, PCI DSS, HIPAA and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 compliance.
Sungard works to strengthen your IT environment to guard against unwanted hybrid situations. Its provider-managed recovery testing aids in effective assessments, leading to customizable improvements. Sungard’s holistic method of disaster recovery is adjustable for each client’s RTOs and RPOs, giving extensive flexibility and comprehensiveness.
Acronis Disaster Recovery Service
Acronis Disaster Recovery Service is a comprehensive DRaaS service that provides protection and restoration of data, servers and full data centers. Their model is an adjustable, pay-as-you-go service that migrates, protects and recovers data in physical, virtual and cloud environments. This recovery service provider’s goal is to simplify and reduce the costs of protecting your data.
- Acronis exhibits extensive knowledge of hybrid recovery configurations.
- A recovery console gives clients authority over management, reporting and analytics.
- Full automation offers runbook austerity.
- Acronis uses automated and segregated recovery testing for client convenience.
Acronis migrates, protects and recovers data in physical, virtual and cloud environments. Their goal is to simplify and reduce the costs of protecting your data. Acronis is designed for mid-size organizations and enterprises and offers self-service web-based disaster management for a hands-on experience with your data recovery. Their push-button recovery uses automated runbook procedures to recover entire data centers at once and automated testing allows for regular assessment.
iland Disaster Recovery as a Service
iland Disaster Recovery as a Service is a fully managed service that supports the replication and recovery of VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix Xen VMs inside the enterprise cloud. Several premise-to-cloud options are supported, including SAN-to-SAN replication.
- Strong focus on long-term customer relationships
- Target response time 15 minutes or less for all customer questions
- No charge or restrictions on fail-over testing
- 100 percent service uptime availability SLA
iland has integrated disaster recovery management within its Enterprise Cloud Services Console, enabling self-service failover and failback of workloads at the click of a button. Users can also set RTOs and RPOs from seconds to minutes to hours, according to the tier of application.
NTT Communications’ Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) portfolio provides cloud-based services — including Cloud Recovery and Cloud Backup — that can serve as a key element of a company’s disaster recovery plan or provide a full solution, allowing a business to operate as normal during planned or unplanned outages.
- Highly functional and easy-to-use DRaaS portal
- Users can define, configure and monitor virtually any level of service
- Provides global support for hybrid configurations
- No charge for unlimited failover and recovery testing
NTT Com’s DRaaS offering also includes its Enterprise Cloud resources, and Disaster Recovery consulting services, in addition to unlimited failover and recovery testing, all with the goal to deliver each customer the best disaster recovery and business continuity program for their business. Through NTT Com’s dynamic and scalable Enterprise Cloud platform and one of the largest global data center footprints, customers are able to leverage NTT Com’s infrastructure in over 196 countries to deploy a robust and secure DRaaS program.