Job Description: Sr. Dev Ops Engineer / Build Release Engineer
The senior dev ops engineer/build release engineer will have shared responsibility for deploying releases. The position will also play a large role in helping us make the transition to be a fully cloud-based platform. To succeed, candidates should have experience with various version control systems (perforce, svn, git, etc), build tools (ant, maven, etc) and cloud automation tools (Chef, Puppet). The goal is to fully automate the provisioning of servers, deployment of code and general configuration management. You will be working closely with development, QA, and product teams and your opinion and the code you write will define how we ship our product.
Skills and Requirements
- Three plus years of configuration management and engineering for large scale websites, ideally supporting an agile development process
- Deep understanding of version control systems (Perforce, svn, Git, etc.), including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with software build tools (Maven) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with Linux environments and scripting languages (we tend to use bash but are open to any language)
- Experience working with cloud platforms (EC2, Rackspace Open Cloud, etc.) and cloud automation tools (Chef, Puppet).
The attached document is a typical job description for a Sr. Dev Ops Engineer/Build Release Engineer and was provided by Glassdoor.com.
The attached zip file includes:
- Intro Page.pdf