A managed security service provider (MSSP) helps manage and sustain an organization’s security and compliance necessities. Read on to learn all you should know about the best MSSPs available today.
What is a Managed Security Service Provider?
An MSSP provides outsourced management and monitoring of security systems and devices. Common services include antivirus protection, vulnerability scanning, virtual private network (VPN), intrusion detection, and managed firewall services.
These security-as-a-service providers utilize high-availability security operation centers (SOCs) to provide around-the-clock security services to lessen the number of operational security staff an organization needs to hire, train, and maintain to keep up a sustainable security posture.
How to Choose a Managed Security Service Provider?
As cybersecurity threats mount and as companies move into an increasingly virtual setup of work and employment, security management is growing complex. Several organizations are turning to MSSPs to help them tackle the expanding, complex threat landscape of today.
With the variety of cybersecurity service providers on the market, it may be a challenge for some companies to choose one. Organization’s should become familiar with their specific needs and review MSSPs that offer threat intelligence capabilities to match them.
Here are the top 10 MSSPs on the market.
Top Managed Security Service Providers
Secureworks Managed Security Services
Secureworks’ Managed Security Services provide advanced technology and threat intelligence to protect your expanding network perimeter around-the-clock.
- Secureworks offers two managed security service solutions: Taegis ManagedXDR and Taegis ManagedXDR Elite.
- Managed iSensor IPS provides 24/7 network maintenance, management, and monitoring.
- Secureworks offers around-the-clock expert analysis, correlation, and real-time monitoring of security activity.
- Dedicated vulnerability program management minimizes vulnerability administration and maintenance issues.
- Vulnerability scanning helps discover information security and network vulnerabilities and helps mitigate risk.
- Secureworks enables companies to achieve PCI compliance.
- Web application scanning helps discover and prioritize web application vulnerabilities.
- This MSSP enables companies to manage, document and define security policies.
Pricing: Talk with a Secureworks expert to determine your security needs and discuss pricing plans accordingly.
Trustwave Managed Security Services
Trustwave Managed Security Services is an MSSP that helps companies make IT security operations more efficient, fight new cybersecurity threats, and overcome skill shortages.
- This MSSP possesses a wealth of expertise in advanced security technologies and is of great use to organizations with limited budget resources and staff.
- Global threat intelligence from the Trustwave SpiderLabs team helps businesses respond to and recover from issues, identify new risks, diminish the attack surface, and protect against advanced security threats.
- Managed detection and response (MDR) is powered by the Trustwave Fusion platform and Trustwave SpiderLabs team.
- Continuous security monitoring and management of technology is available to maintain their availability and health.
- Managed security and compliance allows businesses to reduce cybersecurity risks.
- Trustwave offers a policy-driven and trust-based approach to application control and management.
- Managed database security is powered by Trustwave DbProtect.
Pricing: Reach out to the Trustwave sales team to discuss pricing information.
AT&T Cybersecurity: Managed Security Services
AT&T Cybersecurity: Managed Security Services provides advanced threat intelligence to help make it safer for your organization to innovate.
- AT&T Alien Labs provides up-to-date, continuous threat intelligence.
- The MSSP offers advisory, risk, and strategy services to help you plan and implement IT security-driven operations.
- With AT&T Cybersecurity’s MSS, you can achieve efficiency within a budget, simplify management, and reduce your on-premises security footprint.
- Around-the-clock monitoring from the AT&T Global Security Operations Center helps take the burden of hiring several IT security personnel off your shoulders.
- The MSSP offers several cutting-edge cybersecurity tools and technologies to tackle cybersecurity threats.
- You can stay up-to-date with the latest compliance and threat trends.
- Managed services include network security, endpoint security, and threat detection.
Pricing: Complete a simple form to request a quote.
Symantec Managed Security Services (MSS)
Symantec Managed Security Services (MSS) by Broadcom is an all-encompassing, advanced threat detection service powered by big data analytics. It enables businesses to prioritize and respond to mission-critical incidents and build a sturdy security monitoring program.
- The Symantec Global Intelligence Network (GIN) hands Symantec MSS complete visibility into the global cybersecurity threat landscape.
- MSS analytics engines process over 160 billion logs daily, searching for malicious patterns of activity.
- The Symantec SOC technology platform makes audit preparation simpler and aids compliance reporting.
- Symantec’s Integrated Cyber Defense (ICD) brings together partners, services, and products to bring down the complexity and cost of cybersecurity.
- Symantec enables businesses to maintain a seamless and consistent security posture across multiple clouds.
- The MSSP provides numerous managed endpoint detection and response capabilities.
Pricing: Reach out to the Symantec sales team for details.
NTT Managed Security Services
NTT Managed Security Services helps optimize and protect organizations with advanced analytics and threat intelligence. The MSSP helps convert data into knowledge and provides complete visibility of your security posture.
- The MSSP analyzes, verifies, and validates data and alerts you on both known and unknown cybersecurity threats.
- NTT snsures full legal, regulatory, and best practice compliance to protect your IT infrastructure.
- Security device management services and support services are available.
- The full lifecycle Vulnerability Management Service enables improved protection and stronger compliance.
- Cloud-based vulnerability management and scanning tools protect your organization’s system and data around-the-clock.
- The MSSP takes care of all false-positive alerts, enabling greater in-house IT security team productivity.
Pricing: Connect with NTT for pricing information.
IBM Managed Security Services
IBM’s managed security services provide several benefits, including holistic threat management, next-generation security technologies, automation and artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities, proactive managed security, ongoing security insights, and programmatic security.
- Threat management protects mission-critical assets from vulnerabilities.
- Detect, prevent, protect, and respond to endpoint threats around-the-clock.
- With managed cloud security, you can secure your entire hybrid cloud.
- In today’s remote-first and distributed environment, managed endpoint protection protects enterprise endpoints with encryption, data loss prevention (DLP), and antivirus software.
- Operate and deliver ongoing optimizations and improvements to your identity and access management program.
- The MSSP offers managed firewall services.
Pricing: Contact the IBM team for further information.
Verizon Managed Security Services
Verizon’s Managed Security Services—Premises is a flexible MSSP that helps protect assets that are critical to your organization’s mission.
- With the MSSP, you can monitor threats around-the-clock to reduce risk and maintain the integrity of your applications and data.
- Provides around-the-clock monitoring and management is available for the security devices in your organization at various locations.
- Threat data in the form of events or logs is collected from security devices in real-time and sent to the Security Analytics Platform to escalate high-priority incidents.
- The Unified Security Portal quickly reviews incident information and provides a real-time view of the security posture of serviced devices.
- With Log Analytics and Incident Analytics, you can dive deeper into incident trends.
- The MSSP offers intelligence-driven security analysis and monitoring.
Pricing: Talk to a Verizon sales expert for pricing details.
Atos Managed Security Services
Atos’ managed security services provide high-velocity threat detection, confinement, and response to protect your organization from the continually evolving threat landscape of today.
- Atos’ MDR Service is built on the power of edge computing, big data analytics, and AI.
- The Atos MDR Service provides automatic containment, full-service response, and multi-vector threat detection and hunting.
- Atos’ SOC monitors and anticipates evolving cybersecurity threats in real time.
- The Atos SOC proactively analyzes patterns to automate the security control response and discover emerging threats.
- Computer emergency response team (CERT) services include security governance services, from policy creation to forensics investigations, incident management, and vulnerability management.
- The benefits of Atos’ managed security services include cost-effective security operations, access to highly knowledgeable subject matter experts, and proven AI capabilities.
Pricing: Reach out to an Atos sales expert for more information.
Lumen Managed Security Service
The Lumen Managed Security Service enables you to protect your organization and data by mitigating the impact of malicious cybersecurity threats.
- The MSSP offers around-the-clock monitoring and management, analysis, and incident response services to support your IT infrastructure.
- Device management features include managed firewall, intrusion detection and intrusion prevention systems, endpoint security, unified threat management (UTM), and web application firewalls.
- Network and cloud-based security features include secure cloud, DNK sinkholing and email filtering services, network-based firewalls, and DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) mitigation.
- The Lumen Managed Security Service provides threat detection, monitoring and reporting, intelligence feeds, and reputation monitoring.
- Incident response and recovery features include malware detection and removal, incident analysis, log management, and security information and event management (SIEM).
- The benefits of the MSSP include the elimination of inefficiencies, the addition of layers of security to protect your organization, and the ability to enhance your core business by focusing IT security staff and resources on more pressing security matters.
Pricing: Talk to the Lumen sales team for pricing information.
Wipro Managed Security Services
Wipro’s managed security services are provided in a security-as-a-service model that offers cost-effective and seamless management of IT security operations.
- The MSSP offers continuous, real-time IT environment protection without compromising the performance of your organization.
- Wipro’s MSS makes operational and IT choices that improve efficiency and enhance security capabilities at the same time.
- The MSSP’s Cyber Defense Centers are spread across 16 locations and are powered by advanced technology to offer cost-effectiveness and scale.
- Wipro’s MSS offers operations and management of IT security environments through a SOC.
- Services include antivirus operations, firewall operations, penetration testing, advisory on prevention measures, unauthorized access detection, behavior analysis, and security monitoring.
- Standout features include managed application security, managed digital trust, managed cloud and infrastructure security, and managed security risk and compliance.
Pricing: For pricing details, reach out to the Wipro team.
Choosing an MSSP
MSSPs perform numerous IT security-related processes and lessen internal staffing needs within an organization. In this guide, we scrutinized the top MSSPs available on the market today.
Before purchasing an MSSP, you should conduct thorough research. Visit the websites of the discussed managed security service providers, examine their features, compare pricing plans, and analyze customer reviews. Once you have arrived at an informed conclusion, purchase the MSSP of your choice.