Job Description: Technology Project Manager
This position is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Define and document project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Determine and assess need for additional project staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and/or work experience
- 4+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Project
- Competent and proficient understanding of business solutions, such as Document Management, CRMs, Business Web Technology etc.
The attached zip file includes:
- Intro Page.pdf
The attached document is a typical job description for a Technology Project Manager and was provided by Glassdoor.com.