Founded in January 2009 as Saasure Inc., Okta is a publicly-traded identity and access management (IAM) organization based in San Francisco. Okta provides two solutions for customer and workforce IAM: Customer Identity and Workforce Identity.
Customer Identity enables you to build frictionless registration and login for your applications. With Customer Identity, you can transform into a digital platform, nurture user trust, modernize infrastructure, build highly secure and scalable experiences, provide secure access to application programming interfaces (APIs), curb fraudster activity, and integrate applications.
- Adaptive multi-factor authentication (MFA): Adaptive MFA helps secure your accounts and applications from cloud to ground. This includes enterprise and customer-facing applications.
- Lifecycle management: With lifecycle management, you can automate application access from creation to deletion. This enables employees to access applications without manual onboarding and off-boarding.
- Access gateway: The modern hybrid cloud needs secure, centralized access management. Customer Identity provides centralized access controls for your on-premises and cloud applications.
- API access management: API security breaches are a cause of concern. The identity and access management software offers modern API security.
- Authentication: User authentication as a service helps foster secure and seamless customer experiences. You can set sturdy customer authentication policies to reduce account takeovers attempts.
- User management: A scalable, cloud-based user management system enables you to effectively use and manage collected user profile data to provide customized and personalized customer experiences.
- B2B integration: Get out-of-the-box Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) integration via popular protocols such as SAML and OpenID Connect and legacy support for turnkey LDAP and Active Directory integration.
Also read: IAM Software: Auth0 vs. Okta
Secure and enable your employees, partners and contractors with Workforce Identity. The identity and access management tool helps you to enable remote work in a secure manner, adopt a Zero Trust security model, improve mergers and acquisitions (M&A) agility, reduce IT friction and costs, seamlessly move to the cloud, and collaborate with partners.
- Single sign-on (SSO): With Okta’s cloud-based SSO service, you can easily deploy SSO to cloud applications efficiently and securely. SSO connects everything from cloud to ground with over 1,400 OpenID Connect and SAML integrations, LDAP and RADIUS support, password vaulting, and connections to third-party legacy SSO products.
- Universal directory: A single, consolidated view of multiple identity sources, such as employees, customers, partners, and contractors, enables you to centralize user management, set consistent user access policies, and streamline password management.
- Advanced server access: You can centralize server access to automate and manage your server users, policies, and groups at scale.
- Other features include adaptive MFA, lifecycle management, access gateway, and API access management.
You can sign up for a Customer Identity Trial and enjoy features like authentication, authorization, lifecycle management, user management, and adaptive MFA. Similarly, you can sign up for a Workforce Identity Trial and enjoy features like centralized access control, SSO, and centralized logging and reporting.
Contact the sales team via call, email, live chat, or post to request a quote. If you have any questions related to Okta’s solutions, you can also schedule a meeting.
Okta Identity and Access Management Software Summary
Here is a summary of the Okta identity and access management platform:
|Products||Customer Identity and Workforce Identity|
|Category||Identity and Access Management|
|IAM Features||SSO, Universal Directory, Advanced Server Access, API Access Management, MFA, Authentication, User Management, B2B Integration, Lifecycle Management, Access Gateway, and Workflows|
|Customer Type||Small-sized Businesses, Medium-sized Businesses, and Large Enterprises|
|Integrations||7,000+ pre-built integrations|
|Coarse and Fine-grained Authorization Control||Yes|
|Adaptive Access and Trust Elevation||Yes|
|Access Policy Decision Making and Enforcement||Yes|
|Access Policy Management||Yes|
|Security Token Services for Token and Protocol Translation||Yes|
|Access Event Logging and Reporting||Yes|
|Service and Support||Good|
|Willingness to Recommend||91% (based on customer reviews)|
|Overall Capability Score||4.6/5.0 (based on customer reviews)|
Okta is dedicated to IAM and offers two identity and access management tools—Customer Identity and Workforce Identity.
The IAM solutions offer a plethora of features, both of which provide adaptive MFA, lifecycle management, API access management, and access gateway. Choose a solution based on your use case and sign up for a free trial accordingly.