Data Warehouse Business Plan Template
The Data Warehouse Business Plan Template will help you establish a clear scope and direction for your data warehouse (DW) program, as well as identify potential pitfalls and risks.
The steps that are outlined in the business plan can be broadly categorized as:
- Strategic Assessment and Issue Identification: Assess the current state of the organization and its data and analysis requirements. What issues are currently prohibiting end users from carrying out their duties? How would a DW remedy these issues?
- Opportunity Assessment: Develop a comprehensive overview of the opportunities for improved analysis and performance that a DW could enable.
- Risk Identification & Mitigation: Identify the risks that are likely to arise in the course of the DW program and develop contingency plans to mitigate them.
- Project Recommendations, Resourcing & Implementation: Make a formal recommendation on how to proceed with the DW, and allocate resources (including funding and staffing) to the implementation phase of the project.
This business plan will also be an invaluable tool for communicating project status and deliverables to both sponsors and end users – a necessary step for driving adoption to enable better decision making and reduced costs.
The attached Zip file includes:
- Intro Page.doc
- Cover Sheet and Terms.pdf
- Data Warehouse Business Plan Template.doc