Job Description: Data Scientist
Our team drives initiatives to improve the monetization of our website and mobile experience while delivering consumer analytics efforts to better understand how users engage with our digital products. We need savvy data scientists to improve inventory efficiency, drive the shift in how digital media is sold today to move toward a performance platform, and provide consumer and engagement insights. The data scientist will be a key member of the team that is making sure our different ad products are hitting pace and that we are generating maximum revenue per impression.
We have built out a sophisticated Hadoop-based data management platform, and the company now collects huge amounts of data across many dimensions. A key challenge for the person filling this role is to go beyond simply being a “stats” person or modeler and be someone able to “get into the grid” in the programming languages that are used in a Big Data environment.
What the Successful Data Scientist Will Bring/Do:
- Someone with both statistical modeling experience and technical, engineering skills
- Experienced on the commercial side, and decidedly “hands-on” and not just theoretical.
- Ability and experience dealing with very granular data – preferably from a Hadoop data storage platform
- Bring not just an analytics-orientation, but the ability to use analytics to drive key success metrics related to yield management and revenue generation.
- Work with others to develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices and other issues.
Experience, Position Requirements, Responsibilities:
- Ability and experience designing and developing solutions for increasing yield
- Proven mastery of analysis and development of online ad systems for consumer products and services.
- Degree in a quantitative field with working knowledge of CS
- Minimum five to seven years professional experience
The attached document is a typical job description for a Data Scientist and was provided by Glassdoor.com.
The attached zip file includes:
- Intro Page.pdf