Leading Cybersecurity Providers
Syxsense is the Top Cybersecurity product In the market. With Syxsense, stop breaches with an endpoint security solution. We combine vulnerability scanning, patch management, and endpoint security in a single cloud console. Streamline complex IT processes with Syxsense Cortex, a visual workflow designer. Pre-built templates keep organizations secure without needing large teams and specialists. Learn how to get up and running quickly with an easy-to-use solution all in one tool all in the cloud.
Protect your company computers, laptops and mobile devices with security products all managed via a cloud-based management console. The solution includes cloud sandboxing technology, preventing zero-day threats, and full disk encryption capability for enhanced data protection. ESET Protect Advanced complies with data regulation thanks to full disk encryption capabilities on Windows and macOS. Get started today!
Heimdal Threat Prevention is an advanced DNS, HTTP, and HTTPS filtering product that adds prevention and threat hunting on top of traditional protection, detection, and response. It enriches any existing antivirus, going beyond signature-based recognition and spotting both known and unknown malware strains. Powered by proprietary technologies, the Heimdal DNS security product allows you to gain code-autonomous protection against multiple attack vectors.
Using too many tools to manage and secure your IT? Desktop Central bundles different IT management and security tools in one unified view without cutting corners in end-user productivity and enterprise security. From keeping tabs on your enterprise devices, data, and apps to securing those endpoints against threats and attacks, Desktop Central ticks all the boxes of a unified endpoint management solution. Try it for free on unlimited endpoints for 30 days.
Dashlane Password Manager provides companies with everything they need to onboard new employees, manage permissions and monitor security issues all from one place. It also includes advanced features such as SAML-based single sign-on (SSO) and the company's security architecture has never been hacked. Try Dashlane Business for free for 14 days
Cybersecurity is the practice of securing critical systems and data from digital attacks. Its strategies offer protection by accounting for potential threats from both within and without an organization. A few examples of domains addressed by cybersecurity include network security, critical infrastructure security, cloud security, application security, and information security.
What do Cybersecurity Companies Provide?
Cybersecurity companies provide a wide variety of software and services today. Below are some examples:
- Security information and event management (SIEM): SIEM describes a group of tools and services used to discover cybersecurity attacks as well as data breaches.
- Endpoint detection and response (EDR): EDR solutions seek to provide next-generation endpoint security by combining layers of threat detection, prevention, and response in one solution.
- Managed detection and response (MDR): Cybersecurity companies offer MDR as security as a service since it seeks to empower organizations to expand or replace their in-house security teams. MDR offers expertise and tools that organizations need to be safe against cyber threats.
- IDS and IPS tools: Intrusion detection systems (IDS) detect malicious activity and send alerts but are incapable of attack prevention. However, intrusion prevention systems (IPS) respond to specific attacks by impeding traffic and malicious activities.
- Antivirus: To help users detect, prevent, and remove malware, some cybersecurity companies offer antivirus software.
- Cloud security: Cybersecurity companies help businesses ensure their data is safe and ever available as more and more organizations take up the cloud.
- Threat intelligence: Using state-of-the-art tools and methods, some cybersecurity companies gather global data on potential threats, inclusive of current and emerging threats and threat actors.
- Application security: Cybersecurity companies can help development teams enjoy a secure software development lifecycle. This transforms DevOps (development and operations) and DevSecOps (development, security, and operations) teams and processes to ensure applications are built and deployed securely.
Also read: Is Cybersecurity Insurance Worth It?
Top Cybersecurity Companies
|Provider||SIEM||Antivirus||Cyber Risk Management||IPS||IDS|
|Check Point Services||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|McAfee Security Services||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Cisco Security Services||✅||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Rapid7 Security Services||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
Cybriant provides an in-depth and customizable collection of managed cybersecurity services. With a team of security experts, Cybriant offers MDR, managed SIEM with live monitoring, mobile threat defense, comprehensive vulnerability management, and application security among other services.
- SIEM customization: Cybriant’s security experts can take responsibility for the configuration of users’ SIEM to abolish the need for skilled in-house security teams. They can tune users’ SIEM to generate actionable insights for threat detection and incident response.
- SIEM optimization: As a key part of any resilient cybersecurity plan, SIEM has to remain relevant. Cybriant provides the expertise to enact constant maintenance and correct implementation of your SIEM.
- 24/7 analysis and alerts: Cybriant provides continuous monitoring to improve users’ mean-time-to-detect (MTTD), mean-time-to-respond (MTTR), and to minimize data breaches. The company also offers ticketing and alerting features to satisfy standard log data review needs.
- Easy deployment of log collection infrastructure: Through the use of a SIEM, Cybriant offers users tools to simply and quickly deploy log collection infrastructure that supports regulatory requirements. This allows users to keep an activity audit trail to satisfy compliance mandates.
Con: Cybriant has a steep learning curve for beginners.
Pricing: You would have to contact Cybriant for current pricing information, as it is not publicly available. However, Cybriant offers a live demo.
Check Point Services
Check Point is the largest network cyber security vendor worldwide. Check Point’s ThreatCloud Managed Security Service combines cutting-edge threat prevention technology with adept threat analysis to continuously protect users from cyberattacks. Apart from award-winning technology, ThreatCloud’s collaborative intelligence helps users update their protections.
- Check Point anti-bot technology: Check Point’s anti-bot technology uses a unique multi-tier engine to discover infected hosts in a network. It identifies bot outbreaks through up-to-date bot intelligence from the ThreatCloud knowledgebase, and it prevents harm by halting bot communication between the botnet’s command center and infected hosts.
- Managed security service web portal: The web portal provides users with numerous informative views of their gateway, event, and alert activities in addition to ThreatCloud’s real-time security intelligence.
- ThreatCloud real-time security intelligence feeds: ThreatCloud gives real-time dynamic security intelligence to discover emerging threats patterns and outbreaks. This offers users an overall perspective of current threats.
- Periodic policy tuning: Check Point security experts occasionally modify users’ gateway protection policies to optimize their security and throughput performance. The modifications can be carried out quarterly or annually, depending on the user’s service level.
Con: ThreatCloud lacks sufficient documentation and efficient support.
Pricing: Check Point’s ThreatCloud Managed Security Service offers a free demo. Contact the vendor for specific pricing information.
McAfee Security Services
McAfee Enterprise is an industry-leading cloud security solution that allows users to secure any cloud and protect their data anywhere and anytime. McAfee Security Services help users optimize McAfee’s advanced security solutions to ensure their technologies are deployed successfully and their security posture is stronger. These advanced security solutions are built to detect, correct, and protect as well as adapt from devices to the cloud.
- Risk and compliance: McAfee Advanced Cyber Threat Services help users meet their strategic business goals and establish the most effective ways to protect their assets using information all through the information security lifecycle.
- Secure DevOps: McAfee Advanced Cyber Threat Services uncover vulnerabilities in users’ infrastructure and secure areas that present the greatest risk to their businesses. They also use threat modeling to discover software security issues in the early stages of development.
- Security Operations (SecOps): These services give users the ability to assess the maturity of their security operations regarding technologies, processes, and tools. Users can pinpoint operational challenges in their environments.
- Incident response: McAfee Security Services offer expertise to respond to and thwart complex breaches during an emergency. These experts help users mitigate the risk of cyberattacks.
Cons: Uninstalling the software is cumbersome. The constant alerts and pop-ups make McAfee software an annoyance.
Pricing: There are a handful of free security tools offered, but specific pricing information can only be obtained by contacting the vendor.
Sophos offers high-quality IT and data protection for businesses. Today Sophos products serve more than 100,000 businesses and 100 million users. Through Sophos Intercept X with XDR, Sophos not only supports endpoint protection but also threat investigation across firewalls, servers, and more data sources.
- Deep learning technology: Sophos uses artificial intelligence to detect known and unknown malware without reliance on signatures.
- Customized solutions: Sophos Professional Services provides enterprises with experts who can leverage Sophos APIs to build custom solutions to automate tedious tasks and who can carry out custom reporting to complement the data analysis needs of an enterprise.
- Knowledge transfer: IT staff receive assistance from Sophos professionals on how to better their organizations’ security posture and minimize human error that may result in compromised security.
- XDR and XDR training: Sophos goes past the endpoint to offer extended detection and response (XDR) to provide greater visibility. Sophos also provides XDR training to equip users to detect and remediate suspicious activity in real-world scenarios.
- Configuration review and health check: Sophos reviews existing implementation of Sophos products and guides users on how to maximize their investment in Sophos security solutions. This ensures an organization is correctly protected against threats.
Con: Sophos software can be resource-intensive.
Pricing: Contact the vendor for current pricing information.
Cisco Security Services
Cisco Security Services provides a portfolio of authentic products and solutions created to work together at scale. The Cisco Secure portfolio allows users to effortlessly deploy security everywhere and effectively respond to ever-evolving threats. Cisco Secure offers solutions for data centers, cloud, networking, and collaboration.
- Secure Endpoint: Cisco Secure Endpoint is a cloud-native solution that provides users with resilient protection, detection, and threat response to reduce remediation times by up to 85%.
- Identity Service Engine (ISE): Cisco ISE simplifies the administration of highly secure network access control. It offers users increased user experience, as it depends on device access levels.
- Secure Workload: Cisco Secure Workload offers users workload protection across any cloud or application. It helps users proactively discover and remediate potential threats to mitigate the impact of the organization being compromised.
- Vulnerability management: Cisco, through Kenna Security, provides modern risk-based vulnerability management that carries out extensive threat intelligence and prioritization to lower costs and improves the efficiency and productivity of risk management teams.
Con: Setup and support may prove to be a challenge for non-technical users.
Pricing: Contact Cisco Security Services for more information.
Rapid7 Security Services
Rapid7 technology and solutions help organizations and security practitioners maneuver through the complexities of cybersecurity to ensure their security posture is future-ready. Rapid7 Security Services offers security consulting supported by security experts and industry leaders to fast-track security improvement through leading methodologies.
- Penetration Testing Services: Rapid7’s Penetration Testing Services team shows the security posture of organizations and their infrastructure by simulating real-world attacks on organizations. Organizations get to understand their vulnerabilities and what to do to cover gaps.
- Security Advisory Services: Rapid7 Advisory Services assist users to purposefully improve their security posture, as these services help to prioritize security initiatives and align them with business goals promptly.
- Incident Response Services: From incident investigation to containment and recovery, Rapid7’s Incident Response Services provide the expertise to accelerate these processes. Rapid7’s teams consult with in-house as well as outsourced teams through all stages of incident response.
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security Testing Services: Rapid7 has qualified and experienced consultants to help users identify vulnerabilities and risk in IoT deployments or new IoT products. These consultants assist organizations to implement solutions to mitigate security problems across their IoT ecosystems.
Con: Scanned devices have to be manually removed.
Pricing: Contact Rapid7 for a quote.
Choosing a Cybersecurity Company
The right cybersecurity company for you is first determined by the cybersecurity domains applicable to your use case. For example, getting to know whether you or your organization needs application security or storage security helps you avoid subscribing to solutions that are ineffective to you.
From this point, you can consider the cost and features that are aligned with your use case and budget. Consider demos and free trials wherever available, and maintain basic cybersecurity best practices for the best results.
Read next: Top Risk Management Tools & Software