ARRA Acronym Quick Reference
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) is called “The Stimulus Package” or “The Stimulus Bill.” Of the $850B in the bill, $51B is pegged for the health care industry, and $19B of that will be used to incent medical practices to adopt EMRs/EHRs. You may know that EMR stands for “electronic medical record,” but what about CAH or IHR?
Keeping up with the demands of ARRA is a challenge to those in the health care and IT industries. The language of the legislation is littered with many new terms and acronyms, making its demands hard to comprehend and respond to appropriately.
ManageMyPractice.com founder Mary Pat Whaley’s ARRA Acronym Quick Reference expands on those indecipherable acronyms to get you up to speed on relevant terms and institutions.
Common ARRA acronyms include:
- A/I/U—Adopt, implement or upgrade
- CAH—Critical Access Hospital
- CCN—CMS Certification Number
- CDS—Clinical Decision Support
- CMS—Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
The attached Zip file includes:
- Intro Page.doc
- Cover Sheet and Terms.pdf
- ARRA Acronyms Quick Reference.doc