SkillSoft, a leading SaaS provider of e-learning and performance support solutions for global enterprises, government, education and small-to-medium-sized businesses, recently introduced its list of Books24x7 “What’s Popular” titles from the second quarter of 2011. The list reveals the leading reading trends for business and IT executives and professionals. By analyzing the 100 most popular book titles for the past quarter, the following trends have been identified:
- Professional and career development books captured 23 of the top 100 positions overall, followed by project management with eight, business analytics with seven, and leadership/management taking five positions.
- Best practices for the C-suite were highly read, capturing four out of the 10 top business-related titles, with another four of the top 10 titles focused on how companies can optimize the effectiveness of their current workforce in the current economic environment.
- Communication was a major focus for executives, capturing three of the top 10 positions in the business book summaries category.
- Java and Microsoft™ Office Excel dominated the “What’s Popular” list of IT-related titles in the second quarter
- Other popular IT topics for the second quarter included CompTIA A+ certification, SharePoint 2010 and 2007, Windows 7, C# 2010, .NET 4, CISSP, Android, SAS certification, ISTQB software testing certification, Windows Presentation Foundation, Access 2010, information security, HTML5, Spring, Network+, Windows PowerShell and Objective-C.
- The number of iPad-related titles in the top 100 declined from four to two, but Android, iPhone and iPad-related titles represented seven of the top 100 IT-related titles.
- The interest in cloud is still on the rise, with four of the 10 most popular IT analyst reports, and 14 of the top 100 overall titles being cloud-related. Other highly read analyst reports covered topics such as IT strategy and architecture, IT leadership, risk management, mobile and tablets, and business intelligence.
Click through for the top 10 books at Books24x7 during Q2 2011.
Book 1: 175 Ways to Get More Done in Less Time!
Authors: David Cottrell & Mark Layton
Book 2: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fourth Edition
Book 3: Better Vocabulary in 30 Minutes a Day
Author: Edith Schwager
Book 4: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself: Change Your Life Forever, Revised Edition
Author: Steve Chandler
Book 5: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Restoring the Character Ethic
Author: Stephen R. Covey
Book 6: No Excuses! The Power of Self-Discipline
Author: Brian Tracy
Book 7: The Awakening Course: The Secret to Solving All Problems
Author: Joe Vitale
Book 8: Java Programming: 24-Hour Trainer
Author: Yakov Fain
Book 9: PMP Project Management Professional Study Guide, Third Edition
Author: Joseph Phillips
Book 10: Excel 2010 Power Programming with VBA
Author: John Walkenbach