Job Description: Senior Software Engineer/Big Data
If you are an exceptional developer with an aptitude for new technologies who loves to push the boundaries to solve real business problems, then we would like to talk with you. Our Big Data development team is growing and we are looking for software engineers to help us use a variety of Big Data technologies to create exceptional personalized customer experiences and solve difficult business problems.
The ideal candidate will have previous Big Data experience using Hadoop/Storm and machine learning to solve large-scale problems. A strong understanding of distributed systems and strong experience in using open source framework to build applications is strongly desired. Some technologies we are using include Scala, Gradle, Github, Hadoop, and Storm.
- Design and develop applications in Java/ Scala using a variety of frameworks and tools
- Work with the project manager and development manager on a day-to-day basis
- Work with other team members to accomplish key development tasks
- Work with service delivery (support) team on transition and stabilization
- B.S. in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Displays initiative, self-motivation, and effective time-management skills
- Multiple years of experience in a professional environment performing analysis, design and development tasks on multiple platforms
- Knowledge of in-object oriented programming concepts and design
- Familiar with data mining concepts and machine learning algorithms
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data
The attached document is a typical job description for a Senior Software Engineer/Big Data and was provided by Glassdoor.com.
The attached zip file includes:
- Intro Page.pdf