Job Description: IT Support Analyst
The IT Support Analyst will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. They will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA. The IT Support Analyst must have excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members.
The Support Analyst will also perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention. This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment. This position may require independent work, sharing information and assisting others with work orders.
- Provide exceptional customer service in person, via phone and email as appropriate
- Resolve help desk issues including troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Perform user administration duties
- Two to five years of hands-on experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment required.
- Microsoft Office 2007 to 2013
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, XP and Vista
- Windows Server 2003 and 2008 and 2012
- Remote Desktop support
- Small Business Server 2008/2011
- Active Directory and Exchange
- Patch management
- Advanced printer / peripheral device troubleshooting
- TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Remote support for handheld smartphones and tablets
The attached zip file includes:
- Intro Page.pdf
The attached document is a typical job description for an IT Support Analyst and was provided by Glassdoor.com.