Colorado State University LinkedIn Best Practices
Colorado State University encourages the use of LinkedIn to communicate with prospective and current students, staff, faculty, partners and alumni.
LinkedIn is a professional social networking site designed with three goals in mind — to enable users to connect with one another, to enhance career connections and business opportunities, and to share industry advice. The site can be a powerful tool when it comes to establishing professional relationships. The following guidelines are intended to help LinkedIn users conduct their online activities in a successful, productive, and legal manner.
The guidelines explain how to:
- Establish a name that resonates with users and the University.
- Choose owners and administrators that reflect University affiliation.
- Establish discussion policies.
- Create a profile/avatar image.
- Manage and promote groups.
- Engage members.
The attached Zip file includes:
- Intro Page.doc
- Cover Sheet and Terms.pdf
- Colorado State University LinkedIn Best Practices.pdf