dcsimg

Top 5 Places Your Enterprise Data Is at Risk

  • Top 5 Places Your Enterprise Data Is at Risk-

    Third-Party Vendors and Outsource Partners

    According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, only 32 percent of third-party vendors have security certifications, meaning the remaining 68 percent are being entrusted with data that they have no infrastructure in place to defend. Given the amount of companies relying on third-party vendors, either for collaboration or outsourcing, the risk of data-loss is significantly increased when files are in the hands of outside agencies. To make matters worse, only one out of three third-party vendor contracts contain security provisions, providing almost no safeguards should data be compromised.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Top 5 Places Your Enterprise Data Is at Risk

  • 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
  • Top 5 Places Your Enterprise Data Is at Risk-2

    Third-Party Vendors and Outsource Partners

    According to PricewaterhouseCoopers, only 32 percent of third-party vendors have security certifications, meaning the remaining 68 percent are being entrusted with data that they have no infrastructure in place to defend. Given the amount of companies relying on third-party vendors, either for collaboration or outsourcing, the risk of data-loss is significantly increased when files are in the hands of outside agencies. To make matters worse, only one out of three third-party vendor contracts contain security provisions, providing almost no safeguards should data be compromised.

With an increase in cyber attacks targeting financial data, health care records, HR files, intellectual property and other forms of highly sensitive data, enterprises must evaluate not only what data is at risk, but where data is at risk. The threat perimeter has expanded well beyond the walls of most organizations as more file sharing, mobile devices and cloud technologies are deployed by IT departments.

Knowing where data resides is the first step in securing the enterprises' new perimeter. However, the battle isn't won until security controls are in place, regardless of a file's location.

In this slideshow, Seclore breaks down the top five areas exposing your sensitive data to risk, and provides tips for minimizing security vulnerabilities.

The top five areas exposing your sensitive data to risk and tips for minimizing security vulnerabilities.