Twitter for Dummies Excerpt
Twitter, the simple-to-use microblogging service, offers immense benefits for businesses and organizations. Fire departments, political candidates, and CEOs have used Twitter to share up-to-the-minute information. Laura Fitton, maybe better known by her Twitter handle - @Pistachio, has more than 10,000 followers on Twitter, and gives presentations on how to use Twitter to build business and personal opportunity. She's joined by Michael Gruen and Leslie Poston to share Twitter expertise in this easy-to-follow guide, "Twitter for Dummies."
You'll discover how to get set up on Twitter, build a follower list, and find a voice for your tweets. Then you'll learn to use third-party tools to link Twitter to other sites and incorporate it into business communication models.
This book covers:
- The basics of signing up and creating tweets
- Following other users and adding followers to your own tweets
- Mastering the "Twecosystem" — the tools that tie Twitter to many other Web applications, including mobile devices
- Strategies for enhancing business communication, marketing, and networking opportunities with Twitter
The following excerpt contains the entire Chapter 11, entitled "Twitter for Business." This chapter covers some of the essentials of using Twitter at your business, it explains what some other businesses have tried, and points you in the right direction to get started yourself.
The attached Zip file includes:
- Intro Page.doc
- Cover Sheet and Terms.pdf
- Twitter for Dummies Excerpt.pdf