IT Business Edge's Project Proposal Template
This simple, three-page template covers the basics of top-level project justification. For larger projects, it should be accompanied or followed by more intensive financial projections, but for smaller projects, these key points will prepare a prioritization committee or group of managers to green-light a proposed project for formal business requirements and functional specs.
At least I hope so, because we developed it and are using it ourselves here at IT Business Edge.
Project Proposal Template
Key points covered in the basic form include:
- Business needs met by the proposed project
- High-level functionality, as envisioned by the business
- Post-launch operational costs and considerations
- Key assumptions and corresponding risk
- Sign-off by project sponsors and key senior managers
Project Proposal Template Files Include:
- Intro Page.doc
- Cover Sheet and Terms.pdf
- ITBE Project Proposal Template.doc
- ITBE Project Proposal Template.odt