Colorado State University YouTube Best Practices
Colorado State University encourages the use of YouTube to communicate with prospective and current students, staff, faculty, partners and alumni.
YouTube is the most popular video-sharing social media site and provides a good platform to visually showcase your department or group, encourage participation, network and build recognition. The following guidelines are intended to help YouTube users conduct their online activities in a successful, productive and legal manner.
The guidelines explain how to:
- Establish an account or channel name that resonates with users and the University
- Choose account/channel administrators that reflect University affiliation
- Include CSU's social media disclaimer
- Create a profile/avatar image
- Manage and promote accounts/channels
- Engage members and channel subscribers
The attached Zip file includes:
- Intro Page.doc
- Cover Sheet and Terms.pdf
- Colorado State University YouTube Best Practices.pdf