Under the status of "oldie but goodie" is where we find this Project Proposal Template in the Knowledge Network. This simple, three-page template developed by IT Business Edge covers the basics of top-level project justification. For larger projects, it should be accompanied or followed by more intensive financial projections, but for smaller projects, these key points will prepare a prioritization committee or group of managers to green-light a proposed project for formal business requirements and functional specs.
Key points covered in the basic form include:
- Business needs met by the proposed project.
- High-level functionality, as envisioned by the business.
- Post-launch operational costs and considerations.
- Key assumptions and corresponding risk.
- Sign-off by project sponsors and key senior managers.
Here are some other project-related documents in the Knowledge Network.