At this point, many businesses that suffered from the economic fall of last year were hoping that we would be on the way out of this economic recession. Alas, we aren't quite there.
On the bright side, advertising growth is expected in 2009 and 45 percent of IT executives say their budgets will increase this year. But for many companies, it's still important to buckle down and lower costs by changing up the way they do business.
Here is a list of Knowledge Network documents in the areas of cost containment, energy consumption, and layoffs that might give you ideas on how to save money this year. Hopefully, that final category is a last-resort option.
- Workstation and Peripherals Cost Reduction Assessment Tool
- The Green Data Center Energy-Efficiency Checklist
- Green Data Center Calculator - Scheduled Server Power-Down
- Green Data Center Calculator - Virtualization
- Green Data Center Calculator - Comatose