Top 10 Reads for IT Executives
Click through for the top 10 books at Books24x7 during Q2 2011.
SkillSoft, a leading SaaS provider of e-learning and performance support solutions for global enterprises, government, education and small-to-medium-sized businesses, recently introduced its list of Books24x7 “What’s Popular” titles from the second quarter of 2011. The list reveals the leading reading trends for business and IT executives and professionals. By analyzing the 100 most popular book titles for the past quarter, the following trends have been identified:
- Professional and career development books captured 23 of the top 100 positions overall, followed by project management with eight, business analytics with seven, and leadership/management taking five positions.
- Best practices for the C-suite were highly read, capturing four out of the 10 top business-related titles, with another four of the top 10 titles focused on how companies can optimize the effectiveness of their current workforce in the current economic environment.
- Communication was a major focus for executives, capturing three of the top 10 positions in the business book summaries category.
- Java and Microsoft™ Office Excel dominated the “What’s Popular” list of IT-related titles in the second quarter
- Other popular IT topics for the second quarter included CompTIA A+ certification, SharePoint 2010 and 2007, Windows 7, C# 2010, .NET 4, CISSP, Android, SAS certification, ISTQB software testing certification, Windows Presentation Foundation, Access 2010, information security, HTML5, Spring, Network+, Windows PowerShell and Objective-C.
- The number of iPad-related titles in the top 100 declined from four to two, but Android, iPhone and iPad-related titles represented seven of the top 100 IT-related titles.
- The interest in cloud is still on the rise, with four of the 10 most popular IT analyst reports, and 14 of the top 100 overall titles being cloud-related. Other highly read analyst reports covered topics such as IT strategy and architecture, IT leadership, risk management, mobile and tablets, and business intelligence.
Top 20 Android Apps in the U.S.The top Android apps ranked by usage.
How to Stay in Business: Key Considerations for Disaster Recovery Steps to help you take advantage of the cloud for disaster recovery.
Five Online Services that Mean BusinessEnsure your business has access to the tools that can make it work better.
Related Topics : Nortel, Fujitsu, Information Architecture, BEA Systems, TCP/IP
EA practitioners need to shift their focus to deliverables that direct change and empower business and IT leaders to make better decisions.... More >>
Things you should avoid adding to your resume at all costs.... More >>
Mobile app development strategies are still a work in progress, meaning that it's still pretty much anybody's game to either win or lose.... More >>