Five Steps for a Victorious Windows 7 Migration
Click through for five key steps to prepare your troops for your coming Windows 7 rollout.
Umesh Shah of Numara Software
gave us this helpful rundown of steps to prepare for the move to Windows 7. (You can check out Shah's full column
on the issue here.)
If you’re planning to move to Windows 7 before 2012, questions you should be asking yourself now are:
- How will we identify which systems can be upgraded and which cannot, and how will this impact our budget?
- What do we need to do to prepare targeted systems and users for the migration?
- How will we create a plan that is both measurable and attainable and regularly report on progress to executives?
- How will we maintain user productivity during the migration?
- What is our plan for ensuring a successful migration?
- How will we prepare for unforeseen issues following the migration?
You should also keep up on our ongoing coverage of issues related to Windows 7. Be sure to read:
Related Topics : Thin Clients
A seven-step plan to ensure employees are aware of and following company security policies. ... More >>