Phase: Evaluate Network Storage Vendors
S T E P
4 / 6
Tier Two Network Storage Vendors
Tier two innovators round out the field. iSCSI clusters and enterprise NAS options are also included across the tier two landscape.
- Dell is not a traditional tier one vendor; however, for a number of years, it has had a sales/co-branding agreement with EMC to sell Clariion products, particularly the CX and AX series.
- Through its acquisition of EqualLogic, Dell has become a leading vendor of clustered iSCSI solutions.
- Dell also recently acquired Compellent, which had established a strength in storage virtualization and automatic data progression across tiered storage.
| || |
- The former Network Appliances, now officially NetApp, is both a tier two innovator and a vendor of Enterprise NAS.
- NetApp invented the enterprise NAS appliance but also pioneered iSCSI connectivity and advanced management features in its FAS arrays.
| || |
- Xiotech is a tier two innovator.
- The company has been focusing of late on support for virtual infrastructures and a highly resilient zero maintenance disk design.
This Project Phase provided by:
Info-Tech's products and services combine actionable insight and relevant advice with ready-to-use tools and templates that cover the full spectrum of IT concerns.
Visit Info-Tech Research Group »