Phase: Evaluate Network Storage Vendors
S T E P
3 / 6
The Tier One Vendor Landscape
The vendor landscape is crowded, as tier one vendors HP, IBM, EMC and HDS compete for market share.
- Hewlett Packard is a tier one vendor in the large enterprise, and has a mid-range option in its EVA series plus MSA for small businesses.
- Through its acquisition of LeftHand networks, HP has also become a leading vendor of clustered iSCSI.
- Its acquisition of 3Par gives it strengths in thin provisioning for high utilization and lower power consumption, as well as a clustered storage grid architecture.
| || |
- IBM is a tier one vendor in large enterprises. Its mid-range FC storage option is the DS-Series arrays.
- IBM also sells innovative Enterprise NAS solutions as a reseller of NetApp arrays.
| || |
- EMC is a leading tier one vendor. EMC’s mid-range storage flagship is the Clariion series.
- EMC also has an Enterprise NAS product that competes directly with NetApp in its Celerra product, which combines a Clariion array with a NAS front end.
| || |
- Hitachi Data Systems is a tier one vendor in the enterprise. Its mid-range offering is the MDS Array.
- HDS has strong storage virtualization capabilities.
This Project Phase provided by:
Info-Tech's products and services combine actionable insight and relevant advice with ready-to-use tools and templates that cover the full spectrum of IT concerns.
Visit Info-Tech Research Group »