Phase: Choose Technologies that Meet Your Needs
S T E P
14 / 17
Network Storage for Server Consolidation
Mid-range storage from tier two innovator is particularly attractive for server consolidation.
Server consolidation ranked highest, 50 percent higher than performance, which was the lowest ranked factor in choosing tier two.
| Strengths || Weaknesses |
- Typically have used disk virtualization to enable advanced management features, such as thin provisioning, non-disruptive data migration, data deduplication, rapid agile data snapshots and replication.
- Features are typically built into a management stack that is available out-of-the-box at no extra charge.
- Can be expensive but typically less expensive than the tier one options.
- Can be a tough sell internally for enterprises that have relationships with tier one vendors.
- Are constantly challenged by the tier ones that have bigger marketing efforts, larger customer bases, and are fast followers in adding innovative features.
This Project Phase provided by:
Info-Tech's products and services combine actionable insight and relevant advice with ready-to-use tools and templates that cover the full spectrum of IT concerns.
Visit Info-Tech Research Group »