Phase: Design the Intranet
S T E P
7 / 8
Develop Intranet Production Site Plans
| || Developing Production Site Plans involves the following tasks: |
- Develop Content Management Plan
- Develop Security Plan
- Develop Monitoring Plan
- Develop Training Plan
- Develop Internal Promotion Plan
What am I doing in this step? Developing plans to manage the infrastructure of the Private Web.
Why am I doing this step? If the site is not properly managed, the Private Web will be far less successful than it could have been.
What are the risks of not properly performing this step?
- Out of date content
- Lack of understanding about the Private Web and its purpose within the organization
- Poor site security
- Lack of knowledge about how the site is being utilized
- Skill shortage among the organization's technical staff
This Project Phase provided by:
gantthead.com is a leading community site for Project Managers, providing useful insight, tools and interaction with other professionals. Its mission is simple: To make IT project managers more successful.
Visit gantthead.com »