Phase: Design the Intranet
S T E P
3 / 8
Design Intranet Infrastructure
| || Designing the Presentation Tier Infrastructure involves the following tasks: |
- Design Server-side Infrastructure
- Select Internet Connection Method
- Design Database Infrastructure
- Design Heritage System Integration
- Design Client-side Infrastructure
What am I doing in this step? Creating the physical infrastructure for the Private Web.
Why am I doing this step? If the infrastructure is not properly designed, it may perform poorly or fail.
What are the risks of not properly performing this step?
- System slow down or failure.
- The Private Web may need to be ported to a new infrastructure when loads increase.
- The method for accessing data may be slower or less reliable than it could have been.
- The Internet connection may prove to be unreliable.
- The Clients may not address functional needs.
This Project Phase provided by:
gantthead.com is a leading community site for Project Managers, providing useful insight, tools and interaction with other professionals. Its mission is simple: To make IT project managers more successful.
Visit gantthead.com »