Phase: Evaluate Network Storage Vendors
S T E P
5 / 6
Choosing a Network Storage Vendor
Solutions are never one-size-fits-all. Use these scenarios as guidelines to pinpoint the right consolidated storage vendor for your organization. (Remember, these are just guidelines. You'll want to consider all your strategic goals and business needs before actually selecting a vendor.)
| If you are... || Then consider... |
Looking for best of breed hardware from a recognized leader in market share and engineering
- EMC for its widely respected and trend-setting leadership, and its dominating market share.
- NetApp for its innovative leadership and its unmatched growth in recent years.
Building out a next-generation data center/server room and want consolidated storage tightly integrated with servers and network as a consolidated whole
- Dell (Compellent) for its excellent customer focus, approaching tier one feature set, and manageability.
- HP (3PAR) for its strong performance in large enterprises, and its consolidation capabilities.
Concerned about total cost of solution and are looking for good enough performance and features at a lower entry price point
- Dell (EqualLogic) for its low cost but high iSCSI performance, and its dominance in the under $50K market.
- Nexsan for its portfolio simplicity and commitment to compete on price.
A mixed platform shop with both x86 and Unix/RISC architectures and are considering a unified approach to data center consolidation
- Vendors that create servers on multiple platforms that also offer storage with multiple connections protocols, such as HP and IBM.
This Project Phase provided by:
Info-Tech's products and services combine actionable insight and relevant advice with ready-to-use tools and templates that cover the full spectrum of IT concerns.
Visit Info-Tech Research Group »