- – On average, a 1000 square foot data center costs $1.6 M.
- – Each project is unique and should have its own detailed budget; create a detailed list of expected expenses for an accurate budget.
- – Consider ongoing costs in your initial budget calculations, as they make up the bulk of the total costs associated with building a data center.
- – Some major ongoing operating expenses include:
- – Building leases
- – Fire suppression systems
- – Mechanical systems for electrical distribution, and in-room cooling