The 9000 Store recently uploaded a ISO 9000 Implementation Tips and Techniques document to the Knowledge Network. This document gives readers tips and techniques for implementing ISO 9000, but it also addresses common setbacks that might occur and how to avoid them.
Here is a look at some of the tips included:
- Establish commitment. Implementation takes time and resources. Make sure you have commitment before starting the project.
- Prepare an implementation plan and timeline. A good project plan is a key part of a successful project.
- Kick off the project in a big way. Let everyone in the company know you have started your project. Hold the basic ISO 9000 training sessions for all employees.
- Design and document the Quality Management System. Use information from the Gap Analysis and Project Plan. Use people involved in each process to make changes to the existing process and to bring it into compliance with the standard.
- Run the system for three months. Once the system is complete, follow documented procedure, conduct internal audits and management review, and make improvements to the system.
For more tips and suggestions, check out the full document in the Knowledge Network. While there, also take a look at the 2008 Project Manager's Guide for ISO 9001 Implementation and The Benefits of ISO 9001:2008 PowerPoint.