SharePoint Brings a Wide Range of Benefits
Our partners at Info~Tech Research Group did an extensive survey of businesses to determine the value they are finding in SharePoint, Microsoft's enterprise collaboration, portal and content management platform.
The Knowledge Network contains several tools and other resources to help IT pros make informed, forward-thinking decisions when it comes to deploying, using and delivering business value using Microsoft's content management and collaboration software. Check out these popular tools and make SharePoint decision-making easier:
- SharePoint Decision Tool - This downloadable Excel tool helps you determine which version of SharePoint is most appropriate for your organization, what to expect in terms of costs and resources, as well as major benefits and challenges specific to your situation.
- SharePoint Planning and Deployment Checklist - Use the checklist to go from the starting point of entering basic information about the SharePoint Server prior to deployment to creating the first SharePoint website after completing configuration tasks.
- SharePoint Site Change Tracker Tool - This tool provides you with the means for logging each modification that is made to your SharePoint sites.
- SharePoint Governance Template - This template helps you create a collection of policies and procedures regarding the way that SharePoint is to be configured, used and maintained within the organization.
- Delivering Business Value Through SharePoint - This report explains each of the six SharePoint functions and how they are used. The report also describes the critical differences between versions of SharePoint, warns of challenges that you might face and how to mitigate them, and supplies case studies on real-world implementations of SharePoint.
More from IT Business Edge
Will SharePoint's Transition from Product to Platform Put Off Some Users?
Getting a Grip on Microsoft SharePoint 2010
Should SMBs Switch to Google Apps for Business or Go with Office 2010?