Robert Half Technology has pinpointed six hot jobs for 2013 that should see healthy wage growth in starting salaries. Overall, it projects that IT salaries will grow by 5.3 percent in the coming year, but these positions will be in high demand.
- Mobile applications developers – These sought-after IT pros should see salaries rise by 9 percent to a range of $92,750 to $133,500.
- Business intelligence analysts – These data crunchers should see a gain of 7.3 percent, with starting salaries ranging from $94,250 to $132,500.
- Network architects – Expect these starting salaries to rise by 7 percent to between $102,250 and $146,500.
- Interactive creative directors – These digital team leaders can expect a 4.9 percent bump in base compensation, with average starting salaries ranging from $95,500 to $160,000.
- Interaction designers – Those who work to maximize customers’ online experiences can expect a boost of 4.9 percent, with one to five years of experience, to between $52,250 and $77,500.
- User experience designers – UX designers can expect a 4.8 percent salary increase, with starting compensation of $73,750 to $110,500.
Network World features an expanded list, also from Robert Half’s study of 70 tech positions. Among them:
- Wireless network engineer, up 7.9 percent to a range of $85,500-$117,000 .
- Data modeler, up 7.9 percent, range of $92,000-$126,750.
- Data warehouse manager, up 7.4 percent, range of $108,750-$145,750.
- Senior web developer, up 7.3 percent, range of $92,000-$127,250.
- Data security analyst, up 6.8 percent, range of $95,000-$129,750.